cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MateiC
Level: Powered On

Dropdown selecting value from last edited item

I have a SharePoint list where I've edied the default form. I added a dropdown field to replace a text field. The dropdown gets its values with Distinct(TABLE, COLUMN), where the COLUMN has the first row as blank, so that the dropdown's default value is blank.

When I edit an item in my SharePoint list, the edit mode of the form has the dropdown correctly grabbing the COLUMN value in that item.

The issue is that after editing an item in the list, if I try to add a new entry in the SharePoint list, the dropdown will retain the last value it had from the last item edited.

Is there a Dropdown or Card property I can edit to have the dropdown reset to the first value of the column setup in its Items field?

I'm just starting to use PowerApps, and I may be describing things unclearly. I've found similar issues mentioned in passing in two other threads, but with no solution provided.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dropdown selecting value from last edited item

Hi @MateiC,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you custom a form for your SP list using PowerApps?

Further, do you add the Dropdown control within your Edit form or outside the Edit form in your app?

I have made a test on my side (customize a form for your SP list), and don't have the issue that you mentioned. 

If you add the Dropdown box outside the Edit form (SharePointForm1) in your app, I think the Reset() function could achieve your needs. Please add the following formula within the OnNew property of the SharePointIntegration control:

NewForm(SharePointForm1);
Reset(Dropdown1) /* <-- Add this formula. Dropdown1 represents the Dropdown control you added within your Edit form */

If you add the Dropdown box within (inside) the Edit form (SharePointForm1) in your app, please take a try to set the DefaultMode property fo the SharePointForm1 (Edit form control in your app) to following:

FormMode.New

then check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to remove/delete the custom form for your SP list, then re-create a new one, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MateiC
Level: Powered On

Re: Dropdown selecting value from last edited item

Yes, I customized the form in a SharePoint list, and I added the dropdown within a DataCard of the SharePointForm.

The DefaultMode property of the form is already set to FormMode.New. I've also tried adding the Reset formula to the OnNew property of the integration control, to see what happens, with no changes. Deleting and recreating the custom form gives the same form behaviour.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,804)