cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Dropdown update formula error: Expected record value

Hi all, 

I have a dropdown which allows users to select multiple persons from a SharePoint group. Its update function is DataCardValue16.SelectedItems

However, this functions shows an error: Expected record value (A).  I am a bit confused, since on the other canvas app, I am using the same Update function and no error is shown (B). Added the screenshot below. 

selectedite,s.png

Could some please advice how troubleshoot such issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@mantastg08876 

1. Can you make sure the Person or group field in SharePoint list accepts multiple values?

2. In the app, combo box, do you see the property Allow Multiple values set to true?

If the above properties looks good, save your Power App, close the app, clear cache, reopen the Power App. 

Please post more details on the field information if the above steps does not resolve the issue.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@mantastg08876 

1. Can you make sure the Person or group field in SharePoint list accepts multiple values?

2. In the app, combo box, do you see the property Allow Multiple values set to true?

If the above properties looks good, save your Power App, close the app, clear cache, reopen the Power App. 

Please post more details on the field information if the above steps does not resolve the issue.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @mantastg08876 

Can you share the expression that you have in Items property of DataCardValue16 control?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi @yashag2255 , 

Items property is Choices([@<List name>].ResponsibleManager)

@mantastg08876 

Can you try to use the below expression in Update property of the field:

DataCardValue16.Selected

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

I noticed that the problem with  DataCardValue16.Selected was that only item is uploaded to the sharepoint list. Solved the issue though. As adviced by @rsaikrishna , the issue was column settings on SharePoint. Didn't allow more than one selection..

Thank you both for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (38,118)