Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blancaollero
Frequent Visitor

Dropdown value does not show the right data in Form Edit

Hello Power Apps Community!

I am having a strange issue with datacards in forms that contain dropdowns:

The forms work as they should in the "view" and "new" modes. However, when I switch the form to "edit" a record, sometimes the dropdown resets to the first value in the dropdown (in my case, this value is "blank"). Other times, the default correctly shows the value in the record. If the user refreshes the browser, the glitch disappears (the correct value from the record shows as the preselected value from the dropdown). The biggest problem is that, if the user was going to change some other value in the form and doesn't realize the change in the dropdown field and submits the form, the blank value will override what was already there as if the user had submitted the change intentionally.

I appreciate any help that you can give me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blancaollero
Frequent Visitor

For anyone that runs into the same issue in the future... note that the glitch is fixed if you use combo-boxes instead of drop-downs. Combo boxes are the default control used in PowerApps when making an app for a SharePoint list. If you are creating your own form in a canvas app, combo boxes are the way to go too... drop-downs will not play nicely with forms.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blancaollero
Frequent Visitor

For anyone that runs into the same issue in the future... note that the glitch is fixed if you use combo-boxes instead of drop-downs. Combo boxes are the default control used in PowerApps when making an app for a SharePoint list. If you are creating your own form in a canvas app, combo boxes are the way to go too... drop-downs will not play nicely with forms.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,172)