Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sharuk
Helper V
Helper V

Dropdown value not showing

Hi Reader,

I'm having a column called year (which is a single line of text) but from powerapps I've added it as dropdown as shown below

Sharuk_0-1626089636191.png

and updated the items property, update field of the data card and everything is working fine

but when i save the form and try to edit the form in edit mode. the value was not showing in the dropdown as shown below

Sharuk_1-1626089779125.png

it is only fetching the title value but not the year value in the edit form mode. how can we handle this ?

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more thing I should add is that I copied the original form which is in New Mode, that could have caused the issue.

RusselThomas
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Anonymous ,

If it's a vanilla form then it's unlikely copying it would create this issue - but perhaps try with a native edit form to test in case your original has some overrides you're copying over?  You might find the copied control is still pointing at an overridden value instead of being created as default.

DataCardName.Default and Parent.Default would be the same value in a normal situation - provided the control that is using Parent.Default is actually a child of DataCardName.  If they are not, then something somewhere is awry 🙂

Kind regards,

RT

Krishna_R
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @Sharuk  / @Anonymous 

in default value, use [ ThisItem.something ]  , here something should be your column name

keep the value inside the array braces.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I get when adding [ThisItem.'Requestor_Position']

digidot_0-1626272578868.png

Krishna_R
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@Anonymous 

what is the type of column. can you try like this ?

Filter(Parent.AllowedValues, Value = ThisItem.'Requestor_Position').Value

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Krishna_R,

The filter produced an error as well. It did not recognize Parent.AllowedValues. The column is a single line of text.

I do think that making a copy of the form caused the issue, to prove this I created another form, and tied it to a gallery and it worked. Just so I don't run into issues in the future, I'll re-create the form from scratch. 

digidot_1-1626275265905.png

Thank you for all your help

Digidot

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,778)