cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Patron
Post Patron

Dropdown with Default now showing as blank ?

I know there are lots of queries around how to make a dropdown have blank as the default.  My question is the opposite !!  I was quite happy with no blank !  however just wondering if something has changed in powerapps recently because my dropdowns all now show blank as default ??  This is now causing me problems because I had hidden items based on the first drop down choice showing.., I can fix them but it's a bit of a pain and just wondering is this just a quirke with mine of some kind?  (I've shut down, republished etc.. etc.. but still there) or has something specific changed permanently to cause this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Yes, I noticed the same. Now they show blank as default.
I did the following: 
For those that I didn't have a default value I added
Dropdown1.Default: First(CollectionName).ColumnName
and for those that I had a default value 
Like Dropdown2.Default: vDefaultValue
I changed it to
Dropdown2.Default: If(LookUp(CollectionName,vDefaultValue=ColumnName,true),vDefaultValue,First(CollectionName).ColumnName)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Yes, I noticed the same. Now they show blank as default.
I did the following: 
For those that I didn't have a default value I added
Dropdown1.Default: First(CollectionName).ColumnName
and for those that I had a default value 
Like Dropdown2.Default: vDefaultValue
I changed it to
Dropdown2.Default: If(LookUp(CollectionName,vDefaultValue=ColumnName,true),vDefaultValue,First(CollectionName).ColumnName)

View solution in original post

glad it wasn't just me !  would have been nice to have a heads up though !!  Where do I see any new updates that might affect my apps? Is there a specific news feed to subscribe to?

I've just changed my controls to add If (Is blank( etc... and that worked for me 

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,614)