cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MikeAnderson
Level 8

Dropdown with Filter not working in Mobile App but working in Web

I have a pretty simple cascading drop.  User selects a value in Dropdown 1, which then causes Dropdown 2 to filter based on Dropdown 1 selection.

The filter code in Dropdown 2 is:

ShowColumns(Filter('[dbo].[vw_WZ_PA_PhaseCodeDescriptions]', Job = JobCbo.Selected.Job), "Label")

This works when I'm testing in the browser (play button):

2019-07-17 10_40_43-Window.png

But does not work in the mobile app (Android) or web browser (loading the full app, not testing), I only get a blank screen:

Screenshot_20190717-104218.jpg

3.png

The filter is only returning 41 rows through the on-premise gateway.  It works in the browser in testing (play button), so I'm stumped why the mobile/web app isn't working working?

Anyone with any suggestions? This is impeding my app testing with my users.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeAnderson
Level 8

Re: Dropdown with Filter not working in Mobile App but working in Web

Opened a support ticket on this.  Apparently there may have been some back end changes that broke ShowColumns.  The solution was simple but it's a current defect in ShowColumns.

This caused the dropdown to be blank:

ShowColumns(Filter('[dbo].[vw_WZ_PA_PhaseCodeDescriptions]', Job = JobCbo.Selected.Job), "Label")

This fixed the issue and I am fortunate to only have this in one location:

Filter('[dbo].[vw_WZ_PA_PhaseCodeDescriptions]', Job = JobCbo.Selected.Job).Label

They should equate the same, but the latter works and the former does not currently.  MS said they have changes rolling out in the next few days that should fix ShowColumns in case this helps anyone.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MikeAnderson
Level 8

Re: Dropdown with Filter not working in Mobile App but working in Web

Opened a support ticket on this.  Apparently there may have been some back end changes that broke ShowColumns.  The solution was simple but it's a current defect in ShowColumns.

This caused the dropdown to be blank:

This fixed the issue and I am fortunate to only have this in one location:

Filter('[dbo].[vw_WZ_PA_PhaseCodeDescriptions]', Job = JobCbo.Selected.Job).Label

They should equate the same, but the latter works and the former does not currently.  MS said they have changes rolling out in the next few days that should fix ShowColumns in case this helps anyone.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,749)