Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Dropdown with data from SharePoint list to show data based on items which have "active" in another column

Hello all,


i have a SharePoint list with two columns.


Column AColumn B
New YorkActive


can i make it so at the dropdown at the canvas to only show the results from "Column A" but filtered from "active" of "column B"?


thank you


@WarrenBelz  correct, on the update i added



and yes see below the SharePoint list called "IT Reminders" have two columns:

 - "Status" - which is a choice and the choices are Active and InActive

- "Server" - which is a look up from another SharePoint list named "Servers"


let me know if anything else


@kouliscon ,

and you can see the correct status selected in DataCardValue9 before you save?

Correct no error is given at the canvas. When i test while in canvas the dropdown has no items to choose...

@kouliscon ,

When you said it does not return anything, I assumed this was as the Update I asked you if it wrote the data successfully. Please be more specific with what you are having issue with. What you are saying is this code

   'IT Reminders',
   ServerName.Value = "Active"

does not produce a value in the drop-down?

So specifically: -

  • 'IT Reminders' is the List name
  • ServerName is a Lookup field in this list
  • Status is a Text field in this list
  • You are looking for all the Status field records where the value in ServerName is Active



@WarrenBelz correct when i input the formulas to both items and update no errors are reported but when i test it there are no items returned.


two corrections:

  • IT Reminders' is the List name
  • Server is a Lookup column to another SharePoint list
  • Status is a Choice column  at the same list
  • You are looking for all the Status field records where the value in Server is Active


see below from the SharePoint list the list settings



thank you

@kouliscon ,

Is that the IT Reminders List - it is showing Server - what is ServerName?

@WarrenBelz  yes this is the "IT Reminders" list and the correct column name is "Server" not ServerName.


Helper V
Helper V

@WarrenBelz  hello, let me know if you need anything else from my side.


@kouliscon ,

So all this time, you have been using the wrong field name? Also are you sure this is not producing an error?

I do not use lookup fields for many reasons beyond they are not needed (and urge you to consider the same), however this may work

        'IT Reminders',
    ServerN = "Active"

If it does not please try a couple of variations before you come back.


Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,937)