cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Dropdown with items that meet certain criteria

I have two SharePoint Lists, one has the item only once with it's information. The other SP list has many entries for that item or items. I would like the dropdown to display the ID's that their last EntryDate was over 30 days old.

List1 (One) to List2 (Many)

LIST1: Fields: ID (Unique), Description

LIST2: Fields: ID, EntryDate

Example Data: List1

ID          Description

PM1      Red Fire Hose

PM2      Blue Fire Hose

PM3      Orange Fire Hose

Example Data: List2

ID         EntryDate

PM1     12/1/2019

PM1     1/1/2020

PM2     12/2/2019

PM2     1/2/2020

PM3     12/3/2019

PM3     1/3/2020

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @dmac73 

Can you try to use the expression:

Filter(AddColumns(GroupBy(List2,"ID","Grouped"), "LastDate", First(Sort(Grouped, "EntryDate", Descending)).EntryDate), EntryDate < DateAdd(Today(),-30, Days)).ID

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

@dmac73 

Do you mean you want to show ID that its last entry date is 30 days before today?

What is the data source? I assume it is Sharepoint list.

Set the following codes to OnVisible property of screen:

Clear(Col1);Clear(Col2);ForAll(Distinct(list2,ID.Value).Result,Collect(Col1,Last(SortByColumns(Filter(list2,ID.Value=Result),"EntryDate",Ascending)));Collect(Col2,If(Last(Col1).EntryDate<DateAdd(Now(),-30,Days),Last(Col1).ID.Value)))

Set Items property of combo box:

Filter(Choices(list2.ID),Value in Col2.Value)

Note: ID in the formula is not the Sharepoint items unique Id, it is the column name in your example.

Snipaste_2020-01-23_15-55-07.pngSnipaste_2020-01-23_15-54-12.png

Sik

Highlighted

I see I would only need to access List2 for the data? The code your recommend is different from you last picture. 

The code does not display any errors in the OnVisible but the collections do not collect and data. 

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @dmac73 

Can you try to use the expression:

Filter(AddColumns(GroupBy(List2,"ID","Grouped"), "LastDate", First(Sort(Grouped, "EntryDate", Descending)).EntryDate), EntryDate < DateAdd(Today(),-30, Days)).ID

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,732)