cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Hong
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Dropdowns & Lookups Don't Show for a Certain User

Has anyone seen any cases where PowerApps dropdowns and people lookups work for most users, but not a certain user or a small subset of users?  If so, what was the solution?

I have 1 user who is trying to use PowerApps forms, but the dropdowns and people lookups don't populate.  I performed the following troubleshooting steps:

• Had her try multiple browsers - IE11 and Chrome.  Same issue between them
  • Had her try my browser with her login.  The dropdowns don't work for her yet they work for my login
  • Checked to be sure that the user had access to the data source (SharePoint list).  The dropdowns work within the list itself (via Quick Edit).  I even gave her Full Control of the site for testing and that didn't resolve it
  • Turned off Explicit Column Selection for testing and that didn't solve the issue

The dropdowns and lookup fields aren't Collections and has the basic use the SharePoint integration (Customize Forms).  As of now, she's the only one I know of with this issue and we've had successful submissions from others.

Based on this, I would say that it's tied to her account, but not necessarily her permissions since I gave her full access and she also can see dropdowns in the SharePoint lists themselves.

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks to the Microsoft Support staff, we were able to get to the root cause of the issue.  We have 2 separate logins to 2 different O365 tenants.

This user created a SharePoint connection with the other tenant account to the SharePoint list in PowerApps.  Once the connection was created, PowerApps kept the connection, even when she logged out of that other account in O365.  Since the other account didn't have access to the SharePoint list, none of the dropdowns worked.

We had to go make.powerapps.com -> Data -> Connections and then deleted that SharePoint connection.  We then reconnected with the correct account and it worked.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
a-ovbord
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Matt_Hong,

It looks like a permissions issue for that user since it's only happening to them and no one else and I believe it's a permissions issue on the data source (SharePoint).

May I suggest to open this thread on the SharePoint Community and hopefully someone there can spot the culprit:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint/ct-p/SharePoint

Thank you,

Ovidiu

Hi @a-ovbord ,

I initially thought it was a permission issue, but she see the dropdowns and edit the list on the SharePoint side.  I even gave her Full Control for testing.  The PowerApp is the issue itself.  Is there something that's required on the O365 user account level for PowerApps?

Matt

Hi @Matt_Hong,

But if you create a brand new SP list with a drop down and lookup column, then create a simple app and have the user access it from within this app, can she access them?

Thank you,

Ovidiu

Hi @a-ovbord,

Unfortunately, that doesn't work either.  I'm guessing this is a strange and rare case since others aren't seeing this.  We will open a Microsoft Support ticket for this.

Thank you.

Matt

Thanks to the Microsoft Support staff, we were able to get to the root cause of the issue.  We have 2 separate logins to 2 different O365 tenants.

This user created a SharePoint connection with the other tenant account to the SharePoint list in PowerApps.  Once the connection was created, PowerApps kept the connection, even when she logged out of that other account in O365.  Since the other account didn't have access to the SharePoint list, none of the dropdowns worked.

We had to go make.powerapps.com -> Data -> Connections and then deleted that SharePoint connection.  We then reconnected with the correct account and it worked.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (59,150)