Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Dropdowns blank after refreshing data

Hello, 

I have a Sharepoint List.   I am customizing the form in Powerapps for the Sharepoint list.  

When I refresh the data the dropdown fields will get an error on them and the data in the dropdowns is no long there. 

I have to retype the value in the Items field or set isSearchable to false to get the choices to come back .   Both steps work to return the data.  

This has happened several times and gets frustrating to have to do the work over again every time I refresh the data.  This is definately slowing me down. 

Is this a bug or this something I am doing wrong?

Correction:  There seem to be two different issues going on here after refreshing data

1.  The dropdown fields have an error in the ITEMS field.  I am finding if I click on the red circle and select Edit in the Formula Bar on each error acutally stops the error.  I don't even have to retype anything.   I just keep selecting Edit in theFormula Bar and the error goes away. The error still comes back if I refresh the data.  This very aggravating. 

Powerapps error.png

2. I have to change isSearchable to false and the data comes back.   Fortunately, when I refresh data the data in the dropdown stays.  I should not have to change the isSearchable for every dropdown I have. 

Again, is this a bug or something I am doing wrong?  I have tried in different browsers with the same results. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Dropdowns blank after refreshing data

Hi @meddlema ,

What is the column type of these dropdown fields with errors?

I am guessing there might be some issue with the data source connector. Can you please try to remove your Sharepoint connection, then logout of your browser, clear the cahe, relogin and recreate the data source connection. Please try this out and let me know the details.

Best regards,
Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,863)