cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArtHavenShelter
Helper I
Helper I

Dropdowns in combination with Search with IN (contains)

Hi, 
I have the following script for my PowerApp. Problem is that I'd rather not use Startswith but In or something with contains if thats available. The filter is based on a search field where you can either search for "Auteur" or "Title". The filter and search function also makes use of 2 dropdownboxes. 

I am new to Powerapps and don't know what to do. Below script I figured out with other video's but can't find the solution for this one. Please assist! Thanks. 

Filter('De bieb',
    (StartsWith
            (Auteur,
            Zoeken.Text
            ) || StartsWith(
                Title, 
                Zoeken.Text
    )) && (Doelgroep.Value = Dropdown1.Selected.Value || Dropdown1.Selected.Value = Blank())
     && (Categorie.Value = Dropdown2.Selected.Value || Dropdown2.Selected.Value = Blank())
)

13 REPLIES 13
HenriDesmet59
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

No problem to be a beginner 🙂 

When you said It didn't work, does PowerApps show an error in the formula ? or you just don't get any results ?

Solved. I didn't use a capital T for the .Text
So, instead of Zoeken.text you need to use Zoeken.Text and in your example TextBox.Text

Search(
Filter('De bieb',
        (Doelgroep.Value = Dropdown1.Selected.Value || Dropdown1.Selected.Value = Blank())
     && (Categorie.Value = Dropdown2.Selected.Value || Dropdown2.Selected.Value = Blank())
)
,Zoeken.Text,"Auteur","Title"
)

Ah ! Sorry I didn't saw !! Cool if It's works !

Thank you so much Henri!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,960)