cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dropdowns not sending information to main SharePoint list

So I am having issues with dropdowns that are referring to secondary list to obtain their input options.

All of these dropdowns are using a formula similar as the following for the Item function: Sort(Distinct('SecondaryList ', Column ), Result)

**These dropdowns are in a form/DataCard which is sending the info to the main SharePoint list**

I did correct the Update function to refer to the new dropdown box but I am still getting no information in my main SharePoint list when the form is submitted... any idea what the problem might be and how to solve it?

Other dropdowns which have Item function define as the choices for my main SharePoint list are sending info to the main SharePoint list without any problem.

Also the column in my main list are set up as choice columns and the ones in my secondary lists are set up as single line of text input. I tried changing them to choice columns but i dont get my options for my dropdowns...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found what the problem was, i needed to setup my column in my main SharePoint list as a Lookup column instead of a single line of text or a choice column. Thanks for the support @mdevaney !

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

You might need to provide a specific example here.

My guess with the limited information provided is you should use this code in your UPDATE property since the column is a Choice type.

{Value: Dropdown1.Selected.Value}

Another idea is to use this code in UPDATE because Distinct makes the column name "Result".

{Value: Dropdown1.Selected.Result}

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Anonymous
Not applicable

When trying to use Selected.Value, i get the error message in the first attachment.

When trying to use Selected.Result, I'm getting the error message in the second attachment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What kind of example would you want me to provide to understand more clearly my problem?

@Anonymous 

Selected.Result looks like the way to go here based on the error messages.  But I also think you are not using a Dropdown.  I believe you are using a ComboBox instead.  Can you please confirm?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed you are right, I am using a ComboBox.

@Anonymous 

To confirm.  You are using a ComboBox to select a value.  Then you want to update a Choices type column in SharePoint?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found what the problem was, i needed to setup my column in my main SharePoint list as a Lookup column instead of a single line of text or a choice column. Thanks for the support @mdevaney !

View solution in original post

@Anonymous 

Yes, that's the idea I was working towards here.  Just trying to confirm your column types before I made the suggestion.

Best of luck in building your app!

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,790)