cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venka91
Super User
Super User

Due date validation based on choice control

Hi all I have a sp list for helpdesk on which I need to calculate a due date based on the priority. Example if the ticket is High, due date would be two days from current date.

If ticket is normal, due date would be 5 days from current date. If ticket is normal , due date would be 7 days from current date. 

Also, what ever the due date comes in according to this calculation , would need to be set automatic in date picker column.

Could anyone please help. No clue which function and where to use. 

This should happen when user is logging a call and before clicking on submit in the form.

Pls help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vish3027
Helper V
Helper V

@venka91 Lets Assume, You have DueDate and Priority column in SP

Due Date Date picket in PowerApps and Priority would be dropdown,

Please try below formula at DefaultDate property of DueDate

Switch(Dropdownpriority1.Selected.Value,"Low",Today()+7,"Medium",Today()+5,"High",Today()+2)

Please try and let me know if this works.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
vish3027
Helper V
Helper V

@venka91 Lets Assume, You have DueDate and Priority column in SP

Due Date Date picket in PowerApps and Priority would be dropdown,

Please try below formula at DefaultDate property of DueDate

Switch(Dropdownpriority1.Selected.Value,"Low",Today()+7,"Medium",Today()+5,"High",Today()+2)

Please try and let me know if this works.

Thanks

Marktiger0205
Regular Visitor

Hi Can you help me on my issue? I have this dropdown menu for Priority ( High, Medium, Low) then I want to set up the due date based on this Priority lets say High= 2 days from creation date, how will I be able to set up the Due date excluding the weekends? Thank you in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,028)