cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCullimore
Regular Visitor

Duplicate Entity, different views

I am looking to set up duplicates of the same entity on the side selection menu, set to default with different views. 

I have a main entity containing data and I have set up 3 views with different filtering to alter the display. The idea being our users can view the data with 3 filters on and therefore interpret the data. 

I am aware that you can switch between the views via the drop-down near the top, however many users of my app don't know that this drop-down exists hence why I would like to have the arrangement via the sidebar. 

Is there a way to have multiples of the same entity but set with different views as default? 

Thanks

David

4 REPLIES 4
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @DCullimore the short answer is yes you can have as many as you want and have each view have its own filter. is it possible you can make a snapshot of what you want?

Great to hear. See an image of the sidebar where I have a duplicate of the entity 'Innovation & Development' (sorry I can't show any more). They however both show the 3 views available. I would like each entity to show only one view (different to each other). How do I go about setting the views?

Powerapp.JPG

DCullimore
Regular Visitor

@rubin_boer Are you able to outline how to achieve this set up? 

Thanks 

David

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @DCullimore here i have two datasources you can use to do that - you will have to get your data into this structure.

Data structure 1, myData1 (two colum,s with names, header and subheader)

rubin_boer_0-1616430934183.png

Add a label and enter the header name that you need and add a gallery and set the Item = Datasource, here myData1. Add two labels, label1.text = Thistem.header and label2.text = ThisItem.subheader

rubin_boer_1-1616431001403.png

Second, myData2, data structure has a column Innovation and Development

rubin_boer_2-1616431078098.png

Add a label as menu header  "Innovation and Development" In the gallery add two labels, top label.text =  "Innovation and Development" second labe.text= ThisItem. Innovation and Development''

rubin_boer_3-1616431105181.png

Is this what you looking for?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (1,776)