cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

Duplicate Picture Attachements

Hi!

My boss has a requirement of 4 pictures turned in on our Powerapp, per day.
I have guys sending 4 identical pictures on a daily basis.  
They usually switch up the photo day to day, but then they upload it an additional 3 time.

When my boss figures it out, he's going to take some heads.

Is there a way I can check pictures as the guys upload them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I started with this as my trigger...and the I can at least tell the boss I tried to stop them.

CountRows(Distinct(DataCardValue75.Attachments.Name,Name)) = CountRows(DataCardValue75.Attachments.Name)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @BigBeuferd ,

Sounds like a HR rather than a Power Apps issue . . .

If they upload the same name, there probably is a rather complex way involving a collection looking for duplicate names, but you cannot check the picture content itself.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi, 

Yes, you can make a flow which will trigger on any new update item on your database where you saving your image. And that flow will send you an email notification with picture. Use the sharepoint link into the html side of email, then you will be able to see the image also. 

Let's assume the guys wont be smart enough to snap 4 different pictures of the same thing.

What is the complex way?  I'm interested to learn 

Hi @BigBeuferd ,
I used the words "probably" and complex" to discourage you.

My initial thoughts were around the photo name, which is available if you Collect the attachment control "Attachments" property, but then this is only available on the current record and attachments do not come through in a collection from the record itself. 

I will re-phase - you can compare the names on the current record, but getting previous records and comparing them is probably not possible.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

I started with this as my trigger...and the I can at least tell the boss I tried to stop them.

CountRows(Distinct(DataCardValue75.Attachments.Name,Name)) = CountRows(DataCardValue75.Attachments.Name)

View solution in original post

@BigBeuferd ,

That will stop them uploading the same named file in the same upload.

I'm glad you agree.

Any other ideas?

@BigBeuferd ,

None that I would not spend a lot of time fruitlessly testing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (63,805)