Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Duplicating Power App Portal Configuration Within Environment

Hi all,

Currently have a Power Apps Portal (ex Dynamics Portal) that we're looking to duplicate within the same environment. The reason being is to have two instances of the same portal with slightly different branding, URL etc..

I've looked at the Configuration Migration Tool however this is very much linked to environment to environment migration.

Is this possible without re-creating the portal completely?

Thanks in advance,

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Duplicating Power App Portal Configuration Within Environment

Hi @opticshrew2 ,

Do you want to copy your Portal in same Environment?

Do you want to copy your Portal in same Environment with same Type and same Language?

If you want to copy your Portal in same Environment with same Type (e.g. Production, Trial, ...) and same Language, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

It is an known limit with PowerApps Portal -- There can be only one portal of each type and for a language created in an environment. Please check the following article for more details about the known limits PowerApps Portal:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/create-portal

1.JPG

As an fixed solution, you could consider create another CDS Environment, then migrate your Portal configuration from your source Environment to your new created Environment using Configuration Migration tool and a portal-specific configuration schema file.

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/admin/migrate-portal-configuration

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @opticshrew2 ,

Do you want to copy your Portal in same Environment?

Do you want to copy your Portal in same Environment with same Type and same Language?

If you want to copy your Portal in same Environment with same Type (e.g. Production, Trial, ...) and same Language, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

It is an known limit with PowerApps Portal -- There can be only one portal of each type and for a language created in an environment. Please check the following article for more details about the known limits PowerApps Portal:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/create-portal

1.JPG

As an fixed solution, you could consider create another CDS Environment, then migrate your Portal configuration from your source Environment to your new created Environment using Configuration Migration tool and a portal-specific configuration schema file.

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/admin/migrate-portal-configuration

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for the reply @v-xida-msft ,

I think you've hit the nail on the head, we'd be looking to duplicate for the same type and language. Which as you've stated isn't possible within the same environment.

The portal currently access entities stored within the CDS, ideally the new portal would need to access the same data. I take it if I created a copy in a new environment, I'd likely need a dataflow to sync between entities in both. That's if the new portal was to be an exact copy in every way. Is that correct?

Thanks,

J

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

HI @opticshrew2 ,

Yeah, you are right. I agree with your almost completely. If you want to copy your Portal with same Type in same Environment, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

As an alternative solution, please take a try with the solution I provided above. For syncing data between Entities in different Environment, I agree with your, a Dataflow could achieve your needs.

If my above reply is helpful in your scenario, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify my reply as helpful.

Best regards,

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

If you are still interested creating a mulit brand portal. Check out this blog post. Its a cool article to create several sub-sites

https://readyxrm.blog/2019/01/18/building-a-multi-brand-dynamics-365-portal/ 

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,569)