cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbjb247
Helper II
Helper II

Duplicating a PowerApp

I've got a functional app at the moment.

I'd like to build a similar version of the app with some slight changes, so I'm looking to make a copy of the app so that I can have two identical apps running side by side with slight differences and work on them independently as they will slowly go further in separate directions.  I'll be setting App 2 up to have a different data source - just don't really want to have to start again and rebuild it from scratch if possible.

Just wondered if you might know how to make an independent duplicate like this? - It doesn't seem to be as simple as a copy/paste in the right click menu.

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eka24
Super User
Super User

If you are on the App studio,

Open your desired App---then Go to File---Save as---then rename the app (Attached Screenshot) This will create a new copy.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
eka24
Super User
Super User

If you are on the App studio,

Open your desired App---then Go to File---Save as---then rename the app (Attached Screenshot) This will create a new copy.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

Ah fantastic!

Will the two apps function completely independently of each other?

(Aside from sharing a data source), eg if i make a change to one app, it won't make a change the other?

Thank you! 🙂

It will affect the datasource. If you need a new datasource connected to the new App, then create a new datasource with the same table names and same Column names. (You can use excel in your onedrive or any other datasource you have)

After creating the new datasource, follow this video from

Shane Young:

https://youtu.be/XeMj0Ywf3UM?t=150

Brill thanks 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,529)