cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplication using Filter and Patch function

I am trying to use PowerApps to filter and patch a collection which is connected to a SharePoint Listing but I faced the error of duplication when there is null value in the columns of "Single line of text".

The image shows that if there is no null value in the columns which are "Single line of text" there would not be duplication.

tsukhor_0-1636440693231.png

However, if there is null value in one of the columns which are "Single line of text', there is duplication as shown in the image below.

tsukhor_1-1636442010403.png

There is also duplication of record with the same ID in the collection.

tsukhor_2-1636442262153.png

Below are the codes that I used to filter the data

ClearCollect(
    colGridData,
    Filter(
        ProjectListing,
            titleInput.Text
            in 'Initiative Name' 
            && (IsBlank(ValueDropDown.Selected) || IsEmpty(ValueDropDown.Selected) || 'Value Engineering'.Value = ValueDropDown.Selected.Value)
           )

);

16 REPLIES 16

@Anonymous 
But stated here you getting an duplicate right?

Thank you
If this post helps, then Click on the Thumbs Up below. and Accept it as the solution . to help others find helpful.
Ramole
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

You're not getting a duplicate now correct ?

the other post we will go to it as it is different issue and post, one at time.  

Thank you
If this post helps, then Click on the Thumbs Up below. and Accept it as the solution . to help others find helpful.
Ramole
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Just checking, do you need any help on this issue as we eliminated the record duplication?

I more than to assist if you need further assistance on this issue tag me 

Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it still have duplicate if there is null value in the data when using gallery.

@Anonymous 

Can you show me screenshot of the duplication, i am not talking the old duplication you have, add new record and show me an screenshot of the collection and search also as I have tested that code i have given you and is working perfect.

Also do not connect 2 post as we can only deal with what you have asked for help and each post is different 

Thank you

@Anonymous ,

Firstly, the in Filter is not Delegable, so you are limited on the number of records you can search in to your Delegation limit (maximum 2,000). If you use the below

With(
   {
      wData:
      Filter(
         ProjectListing,
         (
            Len(ValueDropDown.Selected.Value = 0 ||  
            'Value Engineering'.Value = ValueDropDown.Selected.Value
         )
      )
   },
   ClearCollect(
      colGridData,
      Filter(
         wData,
         titleInput.Text in 'Initiative Name' && 
      )
   )
);

and set your Delegation limit in Advanced Settings to 2,000, the top filter (which is Delegable) will collect a maximum of 2,000 records for use by the bottom filter. You will not get a Delegation warning.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,244)