Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
u4jaanus
Level: Powered On

Re: Duration Timing

Hi, Thanks for replying.

It is always Good to talk I may find a solution 🙂

Scenerio is.. I have a list screen showing all people working, then if click on each person i can see their start time and then have trigger to go on break and to finish working. Point to note is.... I have 2 total screens created 1 screen with LIST of people from sharepoint. 2nd screen to FORM where that persons "More Details" are showing. Some feilds which are fetching data from Sharepoint I have set them as View only. Some Text fields which can take data are edit. i.e. Breaks, durations etc. 

When I trigger a breakstart event on one persons form page and then go back on list screen and click to another person; it reset the trigger (Toggle) on the previous person break. And anything in the variables/collections which was triggered/populated during the calculation of previous person still shows on new person form page.

Hope I am making more sense now.

It is like; 1 form page is being used for every person along with the variables. so Question would be how can i make forms and its variables attach to its parent in list. I am not sure if this is even possible in Powerapps with the approach i m using.

BenFetters
Level 8

Oh okay, that makes more sense I believe. When are you setting the variables or collections? I'm thinking the best way to set the variables would be when you select the list item in the gallery. Since your selecting a new list item, the variable/collection is reset with the correct value of properties from the list item. I think maybe looking back and seeing when you are setting the variables or collections might help you see the problem. But, you can also, for example, have a label or any other control reference the item you have selected from the list/gallery by using the formula: GalleryName.Selected.NameOfPropertyThatYouWant - have you tried this yet at all? If you want the form to be connected to the item you've selected in the gallery, you can set the Item property of the form to: GalleryName.Selected

Let me know if this helps at all! 

u4jaanus
Level: Powered On

Thanks for reply.

Any thing I will do have same result as long as I am using 1 form. What I think is... Powerapps Creates a new instance of an Application when ever a new user log into the session however when working with lists; as we have 1 form attached to parent list. it will always use same form and labels. As it is not creating new instance of the form it is just using same form and resetting the data from it. Any Variable which is not linked with the form still holds its state from previous use. This is why I am seeing previous/old values.

I think the approach here should be every time I move away from the Form I should save the current state in its sharepoint list with all variable values etc and then move away doing this; it will fetch the data of its previous state again from the list and show the new state by doing some duration calculations on it. It is a pain but I think this is the only logical way I can think off. I dont know powerapps design structure that well so thats the logical conclusion I came up with. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,337)