Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jayant_2203
Helper II
Helper II

Dynamic 365 Application to save contact

Hi All,

I am trying to create an application with Dynamic 365 Business Central as my Data source. I have created a form to submit the data to contact table. But while i am trying to save the data there is an error that i face. Can you guys please help me solving this?

Jayant_2203_0-1627295970286.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GarethPrisk
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The code is obscured. Please post it in your next reply.

I assume it's a Patch() and you're specifying the Defaults() parameter, so it should interpret that function block as an insert. However, without seeing all of the code, it's hard to tell what else might be causing the error.

Additionally, when this happens, the entire function block may be underlined in red but the offending column (if known) is highlighted in a thicker/bolder red. This can help identify if you have a column that it doesn't like.

For example, this may be creating a Contact but also referencing the Contact (or another yet to be created Contact in another field), and causing the issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GarethPrisk
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The code is obscured. Please post it in your next reply.

I assume it's a Patch() and you're specifying the Defaults() parameter, so it should interpret that function block as an insert. However, without seeing all of the code, it's hard to tell what else might be causing the error.

Additionally, when this happens, the entire function block may be underlined in red but the offending column (if known) is highlighted in a thicker/bolder red. This can help identify if you have a column that it doesn't like.

For example, this may be creating a Contact but also referencing the Contact (or another yet to be created Contact in another field), and causing the issue.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,068)