Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jayant_2203
Helper II
Helper II

Dynamic 365 Application to save contact

Hi All,

I am trying to create an application with Dynamic 365 Business Central as my Data source. I have created a form to submit the data to contact table. But while i am trying to save the data there is an error that i face. Can you guys please help me solving this?

Jayant_2203_0-1627295970286.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GarethPrisk
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The code is obscured. Please post it in your next reply.

I assume it's a Patch() and you're specifying the Defaults() parameter, so it should interpret that function block as an insert. However, without seeing all of the code, it's hard to tell what else might be causing the error.

Additionally, when this happens, the entire function block may be underlined in red but the offending column (if known) is highlighted in a thicker/bolder red. This can help identify if you have a column that it doesn't like.

For example, this may be creating a Contact but also referencing the Contact (or another yet to be created Contact in another field), and causing the issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GarethPrisk
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The code is obscured. Please post it in your next reply.

I assume it's a Patch() and you're specifying the Defaults() parameter, so it should interpret that function block as an insert. However, without seeing all of the code, it's hard to tell what else might be causing the error.

Additionally, when this happens, the entire function block may be underlined in red but the offending column (if known) is highlighted in a thicker/bolder red. This can help identify if you have a column that it doesn't like.

For example, this may be creating a Contact but also referencing the Contact (or another yet to be created Contact in another field), and causing the issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (1,789)