Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Maps in PowerApps ?

Here's the situation:

On the click of a button, I'd like to open up a map (be it Bing Maps or Google Maps), and on this map be able to move around to my desired location, place a pin there and validate my choice, such that when I do, variables named DesiredPositionLongitude and DesiredPositionLatitude update themselves with the longitude and latitude of the pin.

In all the videos I found about maps in PowerApps, people knew beforehand the coordinates and thus inserted an image representing a static map. Is there a way to actually have a dynamic map ?
TL;DR:
The goal is to open a map, navigate, place a pin and get the coordinates from said pin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Dynamic Maps in PowerApps ?

Currently not possible because we can't use the javascript version of Google Maps. You can use Google Maps Static Maps API and fool around with the parameters, but I don't think you can achieve you're goal. 

GoogleMaps.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Currently not possible because we can't use the javascript version of Google Maps. You can use Google Maps Static Maps API and fool around with the parameters, but I don't think you can achieve you're goal. 

GoogleMaps.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

or you can use Appsheet which already has this function...just kidding

the only way right now is to launch it in Google map.

Not sure if this is something Microsoft would solve in the near future

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,718)