cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Stream URL for Stream video

Hi, I'm facing an issue when using the Microsoft Stream canvas control. If I set the Stream Url as a static link, it works fine. But if you set it from a global variable for example, it doesn't work all the time. It comes up with a message asking me to sign in, which doesn't work anyway. The scenario is that a user will click on a list item which updates the global variable. I'm doing this instead of implicitly changing the stream URL because there's no option to do this. Even if I say set the global variable when the app first starts and navigate to the page where the stream control is, it is still doesn't work. So there is something about setting it via a variable that the control doesn't like.

Like I said though, it doesn't always fail, just most of the time. Very strange.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Dynamic Stream URL for Stream video

How are you formatting the url in both cases?

We built a solution internally which used a URL formatted field in CDS as the source, and it seemed to work consistently.

When you're setting the variable, how are you doing it? Could you reference a value directly?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Gareth, apologies I should have mentioned this only happens with the native Android PowerApp and within Microsoft Teams, it works fine every time when viewing it in a browser. Our target audience is via Android or Teams.

When setting it statically (works fine in all), ie. from the Stream Url property, it is:

https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/85f2c40a-1cef-48c3-9f84-xxxxxxxxxxxx

If I do it in the main application OnStart event like:

Set(videoUrl, "https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/85f2c40a-1cef-48c3-9f84-xxxxxxxxxxxx")

And then set the Stream Url to videoUrl it doesn't work all the time. It comes up with a message over the control asking you to sign into Microsoft Stream. When you click on this, it just comes back with the same message.

You can go into other screens randomly and then come back to the screen with the Stream video and it works sometimes. It's quite random.

Thanks

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

That's a bummer! Seems like a bug. I'll check some of the apps we are using it in and see if I can replicate the issue.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks. We're got a fallback to view the video outside the PowerApp in Stream or browser but would have liked everything to stay inside the app but no major problem I guess.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Same issue here...

Setting "SreamUrl" parameter on the fly. Works fine on desktop browsers.

Asks to sign in on Android PowerApps.

@product Team, Hope this bug is next on your list. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,974)