cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suriyamv07
Helper II
Helper II

Dynamic file read from Document library and Process to Sharepoint list using Power Automate

Hi All,

Below is my case scenario,

Input file: File format : Excel which is available in different document library folder. Excel is in .XLSX format, but i doesn't have Table format in it.

Consider, i have 3 document library.

Document library folder 1 - Having excel file with different name and set of people will place file over here.

Document library folder 2 - Having excel file with different name and different set of people will place file.

Document library folder 3 - Excel will be placed by 3rd set of people. 

Expected solution: I need to create Scheduled flow to read all the placed files from different folder and create table and process data to Master excel sheet which is available in "Document library folder Master". Is it possible to read the excel with dynamic name and create table and place data in master excel sheet? 

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
C-Papa
Super User
Super User

Hi, you can't dynamically change the data source. Sounds like you would need to run a PowerAutomate to collect the data from each spreadsheet and override a master spreadsheet with the combined data. Then link to the master spreadsheet only. The other solution would be to not create addition spreadsheets with different names, instead add a new column to the spreadsheet and input the name of what you would have called the spreadsheet into each corresponding row. then when it collects into PowerApps you can read all the data in from 1 spreadsheet and also filter based on the original spreadsheet name. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,730)