cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Dynamic "Fit To Screen" for apps.

I have looked through the forum for this, not heard any mention of this "Fit to Screen" option in runtime app.  I want the app to do this every time I resize the screen.  Plus, I am publishing links to remove the powerapps bar, since it just takes up room.  Is thre a dynamic mode for this?  Or at LEAST, a hotkey?  

image.png

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dynamic "Fit To Screen" for apps.

Hi @martinav,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want your app to fit your browser screen dynamically when you resize your screen?

If you want your app to fit your browser screen dynamically when you resize your screen, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently. In addition, there is also no hotkey for this option.

Currently, if you want your app to fit your browser screen, you must click the "Fit to Screen" option manually.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

@v-xida-msft,

That is correct.  I want my app to resize dynamically when I resize the screen.

While I appreciate your reply, those options are not suited for my needs.  Using "FitToScreen" is not intuitive to locate, nor is it available when you run your apps with the PowerApps header hidden (?hidenavbar=true), becasuse it serves no function, and uses up valuable screen space.  

jbriceno
Level: Power Up

Hi:

I'm sorry if this was already replied in other post; but just in case:

Deactivating this button here (Configuration/Size and Screen orientation) help me a lot. 

Sorry for Spanish. Working in Peru.

image.png

J.

Super User
Super User

I believe you are referring to the lock aspect ration setting.  This locks length/width ratio.  Yea, I need that to be enabled.  This is not usable for my case.  It needs its proportions fixed.

This is the way it is supposed to look:

image.png

This is how it looks with window changed, with ration lock "off".  I dont know how this can be usable anything but "on".  Radio buttons dont even scale.  Pretty worthless.

image.png

WIth ratio lock on, then nothing scales.  

image.png

Its better now that there is a fit-to-screen icon, and its not a menu pick.  However, I would rather the window just perform the fit-to-screen function every time its resized.  Thats all I'm really asking.  I want to run my apps with the menu bar gone.  I especially do not want a user able to go to the settings and run the "previous version".  This could have detrimental effects on data!!!  I do NOT like that function.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,914)