cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
golfnutt82
Super User
Super User

Dynamically add item to lookup list

From a SharePointIntegration form pointing at a SharePoint list my form contains lookups.

When the user opens the form and clicks any of the drop downs, the dropdown may not have the selection they are looking for.
Is there a way to add a lookup value dynamically without having to leave the form and manually add the item to the lookup list?

golfnutt82_0-1663157064846.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @golfnutt82 ,

Please refresh the data source after you add a new item into tblGageType. For example: 

Patch(tblGateType,Defaults(tblGateType),{XXXXXX};

Refresh(tblGateType);

Refresh(GageTracking);

Navigate(GageXXXXXX)

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
golfnutt82
Super User
Super User

Ok, I was able to find a way to dynamically add a new lookup list item when the lookup on the form doesn't have the value I am looking for. 
I created a new screen that is connected to the datatype (GageType) where the lookup values are.
In the GageType lookup list of values I added a value called "New Entry".
When in the main form, where I am adding a new Item, I click the Gage Type dropdown and chose "New Entry".

golfnutt82_0-1663174454701.png

Using the OnChange event for the DataCardValue4 control, I set the navigation to open the new "GageTypeNewForm1" form when "Add New" is selected.

The Add New Gage Type form opens where I can now add the new gage, save and then open the GageTrackingToolForm. 
The issue I now have is the current Gage Type lookup doesn't get updated with the new entry.
Am I missing something?

golfnutt82_1-1663175101491.png

Hi @golfnutt82 ,

Please refresh the data source after you add a new item into tblGageType. For example: 

Patch(tblGateType,Defaults(tblGateType),{XXXXXX};

Refresh(tblGateType);

Refresh(GageTracking);

Navigate(GageXXXXXX)

Best Regards,

Bof

Hello and thank you for your reply and the added refresh did the trick.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,749)