cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucky-Xu

Dynamically connected data sources

I have a new application and two SharePoint lists. 

What I want to do in my application is get a list of data at the click of a button.

However, the address of this list is entered manually on the page and SharePoint connectors are not created before the application starts. so I have a question for this. Can we automatically connect to any Data Source in Run Time?

4 REPLIES 4
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

If you need to do data manipulation of your data source within your app (something beyond passing a file or URL to a flow, for example), then Power Apps needs to connect to the data and read column headings and other metadata.

If your solution uses only two lists, is there an issue connecting to both and then allowing your user to choose which one they want to work with?

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Lucky-Xu

Hi BCLS776,

Thank you for your help. These two lists are for testing purposes only. The actual list connection we need is typed directly into the page, it's unknown, rather than selecting a fixed list.

So we need to dynamically create a SharePoint connection and retrieve the list data after getting the connection on the page.

You can use the SharePoint connector as far as getting a table of Lists on a site and then getting the Items, but to do more than that may require the use of the Graph API.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Lucky-Xu

Thank you, I know your solution. But that doesn't satisfy my situation.

Maybe now we only have to create a fixed SharePoint connector at development time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,753)