cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoaoN
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dynamically create a new table name collection

Hello guys.I posted this but I don't know why, it disappear!

I am wondering to know if I can dynamically create a new collection with its table's name like a variable.

I am asking this because I am losing faith on create an inteligent app. I have posted something to try to solve this before, but no solution. The thing is: I want to use the add new data function from PowerApps to create a new collection as much as I need, linked to a costumer that I had added before.

I work at field doing Field Test Boring. My machine works basically like this: There is a hammer that falls in a rod boring the soil. I record the number of blows (N10) to this rod penetrate about 0,1 meters (ZN10). It can penetrate 15 meters, so I have 150 lines of information to record every Test.

I have already created an app that collect those information, but It do not works so good. I have 6 tables in Excel with some pre defined things and I use it as data source. I have an addicional table to the costumer information. So I can't link costumer to the Field Test Table. I have 6 buttons that navigates to the subsequent table.

What I thougt. If there is a way to dynamically create a collection (using add button in costumer information gallery), I can save it in mobile or tablet cache (local cache) and, instead of using Excel as data source, I just create an CSV file that I can convert in .xlsx when I have connection.

Justo to be clear. I can do more than 1 test per costumer, so to the same costumer, I would link more than 1 field test boring table.

Attached, there are some screen shot of my situation. (Furo=boring)

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bumping for visibility 

@Anonymous 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (142)