cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
help10203
Frequent Visitor

Dynamics 365 Authentication failed

Good day

My app has been running for months but today all users are receiving the following error: "One or more of your connections may not be authenticated. Tap here to fix" - tapping does not do anything.

I am not finding anything online

All my connections have a status of 'Connected'. I think it is D365 connection that is the problem because if I remove any code related to one if its entities everything is working fine. I can access the connections and Entities in Power Apps but in the app it throws this error.

It is also worth noting that the data does eventually come through it is just exceptionally slow.

Please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello. I logged a support request with Microsoft and their suggested solutions were rather helpful.

In your Power App, if you go to 'Settings' > 'Advanced Settings', there are 2 options you should select:

1. 'Explicit column selection' (allows PA to only select the columns from a data source it actually uses)
  2. 'Improve data source performance & CDS views'

These 2 options really helped me. They also mentioned that you should use the entities more often so it would trigger dynamics auto tuning.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Pranav_Shroti
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Few things you can quickly check - 

1. Open D365 environment and check if that is performing as per expectations 

2. Try to point to a lesser environment other than production and see if behavior is same 

3. Try to create a copy of existing app and check how it behaves 

Regards,

Pranav

Hello!

1) It is performing normally

2) I pointed to the Sandbox environment with the same entities and the performance was also normal, performing at usual speeds with no errors

3) I made a copy and it still had the same problem.

Kind Regards

Will it be possible to share some more info like what info you are trying to pull/push from D365. Any specific entity or operation you are struggling with.

Regards,

Pranav

Of Of course!

I am having trouble with all the entities I am referencing. However, the main ones would be Cases, Opportunities, Users. I also have two custom ones I created - they look very similar to Appointments.

It seems like pulling the data is the main problem - but as I said before it takes really long and throws the error before eventually displaying the data - it does sometimes display the incorrect info as well). I utilize Microsoft Flows to insert into the entities which do work - but also take really (really, really) long.

One user also got a 'Server timeout execution' error before getting this main error.

My apologies. I made another app with the same connections (Cases & One Custom entity) and placed the data in a gallery as a test. Cases loaded immediately, however, the custom table received a Server timeout - so I think the custom entitities are the issue.

Any advise?

How many records are you trying to pull for current user ? Can you filter the records returned, apply vertical and horizontal filters. That might help. Like instead of querying all columns, just query what is required or apply paging, query records on demand.

Regards,

Pranav 

Typically returning less than 10 records for each user. In total there is about 200 records in the entity.

And in my Sandbox environment it has about the same but does not encounter the same issues.

I will try those techniques you mentioned but I don't think it should be having trouble with an entity with so little records ?

Kind Regards

I suspect this could be an environment specific issue, as all other parameters are same. I guess you might want to raise a ticket with MS as well.

Regards,

Pranav

Th Thank you for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,136)