cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam_simon

Dynamics 365 Entity Image not displaying in powerapps

Hello everyone.

I'm doing a simple applicaton using powerapps. I'm connecting to a Dynamics 365 instance, and I display several informations from the account entity, including the image. However, the image (entityimage field) isn't displaying anything in my app.

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have same problem about display entity image from Microsoft Dynamics 365 in PowerApps

any update for this bug ?

StefanHamburg

Same for us, the image is loaded on each second load of a BrowseGallery - not sufficient 😐

jade7669
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am having similar problem - the entitytimage doesn't display at first, and I have to refresh the list for a few times to get the entityimage to show up:

Before & After

MKC_PowerApp_imageissue_1.pngMKC_PowerApp_imageissue_2.png

Does anyone know how to have it displayed consistently?

Thank you.

Hi jade7669,

Couls you please provide the session ID and version number so we can track this issue?

You can get that information by clicking on "Accounts" and then on "Session Details" under the "Diagnostics".

Thank you

Session ID: e145d0ab-9cdb-43c1-a14f-e1323a205b38
PowerApps 2.0.820

CiaranKelly
Frequent Visitor

Hello there! 

I have no solution to this bug, but I do however have a workaround that I use on my apps. This is assuming that you are using powerapps alongside Dynamics365. 

Steps: 

1. Select your DataForm - Properties - Data - <Entity>, add the primary key of the entity (GUID), click okay. 

2. Select the image element, NOT it's datacard, and add the following code: 

Concatenate(Concatenate("https://ORGANISATION.dynamics.com/image/download.aspx?attribute=entityimage&entity=YOUR_ENTITY&id=%7b", GUID_DATACARD.Default) , "%7d")

(Please note: You need to modify the code above to point to your dynamics, and the correct entity and GUID Datacard, for example my entity is "new_complaint". )

A good way to find the URL to concatonate is to select an entity image from within your dynamics, and copy the entity_image url. 

3. Because GUID's are not user friendly, you could select the TextLabel inside the GUID Datacard - Select Color - Select White. This will render it invisible but still usble in your code. 

I am by no means an expert at this, but I just tought I'd share this workaround with you guys - hope it helps! 

Kind Regards,
Ciarán. 

mine is

Sitzungs-ID: f4e43ff3-b934-48de-8997-1cdc96822c7c

PowerApps 2.0.820

Hi Ciarán, thanks for the workaround. As long as PowerApps is running in a browser this seems to work.
However, while running the app in the Windows application, also with your workaround, the images still won't show up in my tests.

Is this something you also notices and maybe solved?

Kind regards,

Maurits

The Netherlands

Hi again,

I find it works intermittently, definitly not reliably. I was kind of hoping some PowerApps/CRM/XRM guru would appear on this thread and save the day! 

When I'm working with PowerApps next I'll have experiment with other things, and if I find something worthwhile I'll share it here! 

For the record, I've observed the same issue in Power BI Desktop (November 2018 edition), where the D365 entity images don't load, but they do once the report is published to the Power BI service. It looks like D365 is preventing these images to be loaded in some contexts such as desktop apps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,154)