cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaWu
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Dynamics Boolean not compatible with PowerApps boolean when using "Relational data, options sets, and other new features for CDS"?

Please be so kind as to read my full post before responding.
Thank you for your consideration.

I recently noticed that, using the feature "Relational data, options sets, and other new features for CDS", my two-value/boolean fields from Dynamics don't seem to be directly compatible with booleans in PowerApps anymore.
Thus, the use of Conditional statements or CheckBoxes or such has also been turned extremely irritating.

The following screenshots shows a record userConfig from a Dynamics entity with a two-value/boolean field kk_auto_ocr, which, using the new CDS OptionSet feature, is now a OptionSetValue type in PowerApps.
image.png
As far as I recall, two-value/boolean fields in Dynamics were given as underlying numerical value in PowerApps, which were directly compatible with PowerApps booleans.

Now, I have to use this tiresome, ugly workaround

record.booleanFieldName='booleanFieldDisplayName'.trueValue

image.png
In particular, when using several two-value/boolean fields, this gets extremely irritating.
When using 'Column display names' (default with new PowerApps since a few versions), this becomes

image.png
which is slightly less confusing, but still very irritating and tedious, in particular if I have to repeat this several times for different fields.
Also, it appears that this statement seems to not work offline since the "ColumnName.TrueValue" statement seems to require an online server call/response to retrieve the corresponding OptionSetValue, i.e. Connection.Connected mandatory.

My questions:

1. Is there any chance, the old direct compatibility between Dynamics booleans and PowerApps booleans can be retained even when using "Relational data, options sets, and other new features for CDS"?
    For my own development, I do appreciate these new features for LookUp fields and MultiSelect OptionSet fields.
    But, I don't see any usefulness in the current state of handling booleans.
  2. Is there a more direct, less tedious way to convert the OptionSetValue to a boolean (or numerical value)?
    I don't consider saving the True/False OptionSetValues as variables less tedious.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SaWu
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

This appears to be basically fixed in a recent release.
CDS Two Options fields can still not be directly compared to PowerApps booleans
image.png
But the following all work

1. Using CDS Two Options fields as Default for Checkbox
  2. Using CDS Two Options fields in If
  3. Using PowerApps booleans to Patch CDS Two Options fields

Last tested with
Session ID: 8f035538-33d6-4109-a074-95feb8f2ca20
PowerApps 3.19074.24

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SaWu
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

This appears to be basically fixed in a recent release.
CDS Two Options fields can still not be directly compared to PowerApps booleans
image.png
But the following all work

1. Using CDS Two Options fields as Default for Checkbox
  2. Using CDS Two Options fields in If
  3. Using PowerApps booleans to Patch CDS Two Options fields

Last tested with
Session ID: 8f035538-33d6-4109-a074-95feb8f2ca20
PowerApps 3.19074.24

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,949)