Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hancha
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamics form section size issues with imported embedded canvas app

Hi,

In our DEV environment I created a canvas app and embedded it to a Dynamics 365 Sales form.
My app size is custom (790 x50), Scale to fit, Lock aspect ration and Lock Orientation are all ON.
It looks nice;  perfect fit to the one-colum section on the form.

BUT when I imported the same app to our TEST environment (export and import app package method), where the Dynamics form has identical layout, the app itself looks still ok, but the section in which it is embedded gets to high.
I.e. On the top of the section I can see my app but then there is too much white space....the section height is approximately 10x bigger than needed.
The app is not a part of a solution, it was created through the DEV enviroment form and exported and imported as stand-alone. I added it to the TEST enviroment form using its ID....
The section itself is a one-column/one-field section and the field is a required one as recommended by Micrsoft docs.

Any ideas how to get rid of the excessive space and make the section fit the app height?

Thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hancha
Helper I
Helper I

Haven´t found solution to this very problem but solved a joined issue and as a result no excessive white space:

I left the idea of importing the app separately and dived into how to solve import via solution;

The issue was that after solution import I could not see the embedded apps among other apps in the studio...
The solution was to go through admin center

https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/environments/put-your-environment-guid-here/powerapps/
 and share the apps to the required users...
Then it became visible in power apps studio.
The apps imported via the solution doesn´t have the irritating white space below...
Hope this can help also someone else...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hancha
Helper I
Helper I

Haven´t found solution to this very problem but solved a joined issue and as a result no excessive white space:

I left the idea of importing the app separately and dived into how to solve import via solution;

The issue was that after solution import I could not see the embedded apps among other apps in the studio...
The solution was to go through admin center

https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/environments/put-your-environment-guid-here/powerapps/
 and share the apps to the required users...
Then it became visible in power apps studio.
The apps imported via the solution doesn´t have the irritating white space below...
Hope this can help also someone else...

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,831)