cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MitchNet
Frequent Visitor

EQ Null error bug

I have a Eq Null error message that appears in my app. It doesn't occur in the edit mode or preview mode of canvas. It only occurs when navigating to a screen for the first time on mobile or web based app, It can be cleared and the app runs fine but It is very annoying. If I navigate back from the screen and then return to it the error message doesn't show, even if I have not made any inputs.

NullErrorSnip.png

I think it may relate to a dropdown input where the selected value is used in a different Text input with a Lookup(). Can this error occur because the Default value is not populating before the Lookup function executes?

Data source is Excel.

I have no idea why this is happening and I've spent most of the day trying to figure this out so any help would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MitchNet
Frequent Visitor

So I solved this problem by putting the drop down selection on the previous page. That way the dropdown.selected.item was there before the lookup() function tried to execute with a null value. It's kind of annoying seeing as I did set a default value for the drop down but obviously that does not populate before the Lookup() function executes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PG_WorXz10
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @MitchNet ,

If possible try to bind the data with only non blank values.

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

MitchNet
Frequent Visitor

So I solved this problem by putting the drop down selection on the previous page. That way the dropdown.selected.item was there before the lookup() function tried to execute with a null value. It's kind of annoying seeing as I did set a default value for the drop down but obviously that does not populate before the Lookup() function executes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,069)