cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

ERROR: Don't have permission to create row

Hi everyone,

I created an app that connects to a SharePoint List. When I share the app with a person and if the person is a member of the SharePoint List, then they get this error when they fill out the app in PowerApps:

Capture.PNG 

But when I change the person's rights to be an owner, then its possible for the person to create a row in the SharePoint List. The problem is that I don't want to make the data in the SharePoint List visible for the users

Hope someone can help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want this user only could write data, could not read data?

I suggest you create a group for this kind of users, only give this group the permission of writing.

Firstly, create a new group with this permission.

10317.PNG

10318.PNG

10319.PNG

10310.PNG

After you've created this group, invite the users that you want to this group.

103111.PNG

Then these users could only write data to this site, could not view data of this site. This permission will be same in PowerApps app.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

To input via the PowerApp the user must have full control over the Sharepoint list.  The only way around this is to have the Sharepoint list updated via Flow instead where the Flow is run by an administrator account.

v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want this user only could write data, could not read data?

I suggest you create a group for this kind of users, only give this group the permission of writing.

Firstly, create a new group with this permission.

10317.PNG

10318.PNG

10319.PNG

10310.PNG

After you've created this group, invite the users that you want to this group.

103111.PNG

Then these users could only write data to this site, could not view data of this site. This permission will be same in PowerApps app.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,688)