cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cesarjblues
Frequent Visitor

ERROR EQ NULL

HI everyone Im looking for help, as you can see on attached image, is appearing that error. 

Cesarjblues_0-1626834341883.png

What am i trying to do? Well, this is a personnel tracker scanning a qrcode per employee, and on the field "turno asignado", is bringing information from an excel file that is located in sharepoint library. I have tried several thing like if is blank, is empty and keep showing that error when the user opens the app. By the way the i close the error and the app keeps working.

I hope you can help how to delete that error.

5 REPLIES 5
BCLS776
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you tell us what is in the DataCardValue14.text field? The Lookup for DataCardValue2 is dependent upon it and won't complete unless there is a valid entry.

There will be appear the ID number of each employee, this because the qr code brings an email addres, related with this email we need to bring the ID

BCLS776
Community Champion
Community Champion

The error shown by Power apps is indicating that DataCardValue14.Text is null - have you ensured there is some sort of value in that card, even a hardcoded value for testing? The expression won't evaluate properly until there is something.

Hi BCLS776, 

When I put a text in that label its accept it and the error dissappears. But in that label now Im bringing a text from a QRscanner. What i have done is this:

1. Set a barscanner

2. put the scanner value in a label

3. On that text input set label4.text to bring the information collected there.

Am I doing right? What else can I do to remove that error that not means change de QR scanner?

BCLS776
Community Champion
Community Champion

If it works, then do that 🙂

You can hide the label you are using by setting its Visible property to false. Consider putting some error checking on the DataCardValue14.text property so that it indicates if nothing has been scanned yet.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,070)