cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_wdsos
Frequent Visitor

ERROR import managed solution in another environment

I am trying to import a managed solution into the PROD environment. A managed solution already exists, so this is an upgrade. In the DEV environment I have changed the data type of a field in the solution. That is the field was first deleted and then recreated with the same name but a different data type.

Now when I import the managed solution I get an error message that the field to import does not match the existing field in data type. Now I have already integrated the changed field very deeply in views, forms and workflows, so I would hate to delete and recreate it.

Error Message:

##[error]Exception type: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault]
Message: Attribute [FIELDNAME] is a Picklist, but a Integer type was specified.Detail: 

What is the best way for me to solve this now? What options would I have to choose from?

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (3,434)