Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brandontate
Frequent Visitor

ETAG Error appearing on button click.

Hello Community,

Background:
I am creating a Power App for a process that has task for an attorney and reviewers for contracts. 
1. User creates Parent and assigns a task to an attorney.
2. Attorney does his/her job and then assigns Reviewers and creates two new task. (error occurs here)

3. Reviewers approve his/her job and assigns it goes back to user.

4. Finished! 

Two List

'Contract Analysis' - Houses general information.
'Contract Analysis Task List' - Houses the task for the Attorney and Reviewers

I hope I did a good enough job kind of explaining the gist of what is happening. 

Code is attached.
Error is attached. 

My initial thought is that, I am updating the 'Contract Analysis Task List' and creating items too quickly for the server to be able to deal with it. But I also feel like this shouldn't be an issue. So if anyone has any advice on house this should be fixed I would love any ideas.

P.S. If nothing comes from this I am aware I can just create another list. So instead of 'Contract Analysis Task List', I'll have 
'Attorney Task List' and 'Contract Reviewers Task List'. 

Thanks,

Brandon Tate

1 REPLY 1
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @brandontate ,

I've searched some similar issues, and found that this problem should be caused by "creating items too quickly for the server to be able to deal with it" which means that your thought is right.

I suggest you add Refresh function before every patch function.

For example: 

Refresh(datasource);

Patch(....);

Refresh(datasource);

Patch(....);....

Here are some similar issues for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Server-Response-ETAG-mismatch-Confl...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Server-Response-ETAG-mismatch-Confl...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,590)