cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maverick17
Advocate III
Advocate III

ETAG Mismatch - App WAS working for months

Received reports this morning of ETAG errors showing. This application has been working for months and the patch code below has not changed. High level of the workflow.... user clicks button in a gallery to add an update, patch takes that update and writes it to the record selected when clicking the button.

Patch('CPP Milestones',LookUp('CPP Milestones',ProjectPlanGallery.Selected.ID=ID),{Milestone_Update:DataCardValue1.Text,Last_Milestone_Update:Today(),Milestone_Update_Count:ThisItem.Milestone_Update_Count+1,Milestone_Hours:ThisItem.Milestone_Hours+AddMilestoneUpdateHours});

Powerapps version: 3.18124.26

8 REPLIES 8
NigelP
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hi @maverick17

IS this when Patching to SHarePoint Online lists ?

Regards

Nigel

Yes

Hi @maverick17

I am on PowerApps version 3.19012.19 when this started to happen.

It was fine before then.

Regards

Nigel

This has been working for months and all of the sudden this morning users are reporting the issue.

My app is on 3.18124.26

BUMP, any help with this?

ETAG Errors still happening in version 3.19012.19

JonMillerUK
Frequent Visitor

I've found the same thing. Patch functions that have been working for over a year suddenly have ETAG errors.

My observation though was that this was only affecting my apps when the 'Patch' was updating an existing record whereas it worked fine on new items being patched into the (in my case) SharePoint list (i.e. Patch(ListName,Default(ListName),{....}) works fine)
I've worked around this instead by using UpdateIf(...) for these parts of my app to update the existing records in my SharePoint lists, which for now at least is working.

Hope that helps...

Anybody from Microsoft Chasing a solution for this ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (29,561)