cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

EXTERNAL USERS: Any updates?

More and more requests are coming in that I have to turn down (and suggest non-PowerApps products) due to requirements for External Users.

• Our Ent Sec laughed at me when I mentioned AD Guest Accounts
  • Microsoft Forms + External-facing Sharepoint has been my go-to for these requests, but Forms is SOOOOO limited. Its input control and app logic are very poor at this point. This results in pretty basically, mostly subjective input (bad for reporting).
    • Been hounding their dev team with specific req's. Maybe someday. 

So where are we? Will PowerApps ever be utilized by External Users? If so, when. If not, what are your recommended alternatives?

(Sorry, I can't sell O365 to our External Users nor require it in thier contracts, then develop PowerApps in our tenant, then export/import the apps to External Users tenant. Mission impossible!)

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: EXTERNAL USERS: Any updates?

Hi.

I'm sure you have heard the news, that this is now possible. You can grant guest access to a Canvas App. 

But you need to see if they have a license for O365 or not. If they do and their Power Apps for Office 365 (seeded apps) is enabled, then they can use the app. 

If they don't then they need a license, this can be either them getting O365 or they are a guest in your tenant and then assigned a license. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,371)