cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ravee_82
Helper I
Helper I

Easy Way to uploaded pics to sharepoint from powerapps without flow or collection

Hi Guys,

from last few days i was struggling to save uploaded images in power apps and save to SharePoint and get back to power apps 

couldn't find a satisfactory answer and after some time i got a solution without flow or collection

it can be done in 4 simple steps

1,Get binary data of image using a button control On select function create a variable ;Set( ImageJSON, JSON( UploadedImage2.Image,IncludeBinaryData ) )

2,Put that in a text feild and to remove "" from begining and end of the value you need to use replace function ;Replace(ImageJSON,1,1,"")for first " and Replace(TextInput1.Text,Len(TextInput1.Text),1,"")for last 

3,put in a Image on Image property give the second text feild name 

4;Now you can save in share point multiline text column using patch functiona and call back image using lookup function anytime 

NO NEED OF COLLECTION OR FLOW 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ravee_82 ,

Thanks for your sharing. 

If you have any other questions about PowerApps, please feel free to reply here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

50 REPLIES 50
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ravee_82 ,

Thanks for your sharing. 

If you have any other questions about PowerApps, please feel free to reply here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ravee_82 wrote:

Hi Guys,

from last few days i was struggling to save uploaded images in power apps and save to SharePoint and get back to power apps 

couldn't find a satisfactory answer and after some time i got a solution without flow or collection

it can be done in 4 simple steps

1,Get binary data of image using a button control On select function create a variable ;Set( ImageJSON, JSON( UploadedImage2.Image,IncludeBinaryData ) )

2,Put that in a text feild and to remove "" from begining and end of the value you need to use replace function ;Replace(ImageJSON,1,1,"")for first " and Replace(TextInput1.Text,Len(TextInput1.Text),1,"")for last 

3,put in a Image on Image property give the second text feild name 

4;Now you can save in share point multiline text column using patch functiona and call back image using lookup function anytime 

NO NEED OF COLLECTION OR FLOW 

Thank you for this, 

Im trying to build an app that takes photos and can save offline. Using your solution i can do this, however do you use a flow at the end to convert the base64 image in the multiline column to something else jpg png?

do you have a flow you could share? ive been given several bad examples that i cannot follow with my understanding. 

hi,

Than you very much my solution is saving images any kind to sharepoint i don't use flow its direct process 
if you can give me more detail on it may be i can try a solution 

jsearcy
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your post. It was very helpful. Could you please help me understand how to get the image (now stored in the SharePoint list) to display in a gallery?

Thank you 

To get image back just go to media nad bring in image and in image give the feild where you are storing the value of image and lookup with the unique value like case no or any thing you are using in your form and it will bring your image 

Please mark as verified solution thanks for support

Use a unique feild if you dont have add id of sharepoint in your form on the bases of sharepoint you can lookup and add the value in Image 

jsearcy
Frequent Visitor

The image is generated in the app so there is no way to "bring it in" by going to Media so I am not clear on how that would work

So what i did is i have a caselog system 

Which is a case id for it i use id of sharepoint 

Than i add a image from media section to the form 

Then i add lookupformula based on that case id number i give that value what in your case is peninput1 in image value that will bring back your image 

If you are using a gallery than use the gallery. Selected.peninput1 in the image 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,150)