cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ravee_82
Helper I
Helper I

Easy Way to uploaded pics to sharepoint from powerapps without flow or collection

Hi Guys,

from last few days i was struggling to save uploaded images in power apps and save to SharePoint and get back to power apps 

couldn't find a satisfactory answer and after some time i got a solution without flow or collection

it can be done in 4 simple steps

1,Get binary data of image using a button control On select function create a variable ;Set( ImageJSON, JSON( UploadedImage2.Image,IncludeBinaryData ) )

2,Put that in a text feild and to remove "" from begining and end of the value you need to use replace function ;Replace(ImageJSON,1,1,"")for first " and Replace(TextInput1.Text,Len(TextInput1.Text),1,"")for last 

3,put in a Image on Image property give the second text feild name 

4;Now you can save in share point multiline text column using patch functiona and call back image using lookup function anytime 

NO NEED OF COLLECTION OR FLOW 

46 REPLIES 46

Thank you for this - it is a HUGE lifesaver for my app!

pleasure is all mine 

If you like it can you please mark as solution 

Thank you 

I've managed to get the base64 content into a multi line text field in my sharepoint list. Is there a way to display this as an image in the list, or do we need to do something else to view the images?

Hi, 

Can you please explain more on that about your requirement as where you want to display your image

soylant
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I am trying to follow your salution, could please see my attachment, what do I do wrong?

Capture.JPG

Hi, 

Can you please tell me in more detail 

How did you do it may be than i can help you better 

Thank you

soylant
Frequent Visitor

Need to say that I am new to PowerApps, so please bear with me 😊

Today we are using an Sharepoint onprimse  were we hav an custom list to maintenance of all our CNC machines when they need service and on, for picture column we are using a 3 party app called Squarecube where we can browse our pc and upload a image to the list.

Now we want to move to Sharepoint online and want to be able to use powerapps with the list, and it is also working perfect, but I need to be able to change the picture and it is here I want to use your sample but cannot seem to get it working.

Also tried creating a new blank app only with you sample but I keep getting the error attached in last post

Hope you understand

No problem i am here to help 

First of all your sharepoint column should be multi text not single text 

Than 

Once image is uploaded than first convesrsion have '' in it which needs to be removed the once that is done than you can save i can send you instruction to work in a blank app if you can give me table and column name you just copy and paste 

soylant
Frequent Visitor

just created a column as multiple text named image, will you send me the instructions for a blank app?

Ok i ll send you 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,290)