cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ravee_82
Helper I
Helper I

Easy Way to uploaded pics to sharepoint from powerapps without flow or collection

Hi Guys,

from last few days i was struggling to save uploaded images in power apps and save to SharePoint and get back to power apps 

couldn't find a satisfactory answer and after some time i got a solution without flow or collection

it can be done in 4 simple steps

1,Get binary data of image using a button control On select function create a variable ;Set( ImageJSON, JSON( UploadedImage2.Image,IncludeBinaryData ) )

2,Put that in a text feild and to remove "" from begining and end of the value you need to use replace function ;Replace(ImageJSON,1,1,"")for first " and Replace(TextInput1.Text,Len(TextInput1.Text),1,"")for last 

3,put in a Image on Image property give the second text feild name 

4;Now you can save in share point multiline text column using patch functiona and call back image using lookup function anytime 

NO NEED OF COLLECTION OR FLOW 

50 REPLIES 50

This solution for powerapps

DamolaDev
Frequent Visitor

Hi @ravee_82 

please explain the 3rd step further 

I am not sure i understand what i need to do their please enlighten me 

Hi, 

Once you remove "" in front and ending of the binary value you can save it as a multitext input in SharePoint and fetch it back using lookup function or an ID of the SharePoint the value will now go to image property on the image 

DamolaDev
Frequent Visitor

@ravee_82 wrote:

Hi Guys,

from last few days i was struggling to save uploaded images in power apps and save to SharePoint and get back to power apps 

couldn't find a satisfactory answer and after some time i got a solution without flow or collection

1,Get binary data of image using a button control On select function create a variable ;Set( ImageJSON, JSON( UploadedImage2.Image,IncludeBinaryData ) )

2,Put that in a text feild and to remove "" from begining and end of the value you need to use replace function ;Replace(ImageJSON,1,1,"")for first " and Replace(TextInput1.Text,Len(TextInput1.Text),1,"")for last 

4;Now you can save in share point multiline text column using patch functiona and call back image using lookup function anytime 

@ravee_82 wrote:

Hi Guys,

@ravee_82 

Hi Ravee

i have been able to do that and drops on the sharepoint list but i still do not get how i can view the image and other information associated with it 

Kindly help

So the problem is to display back in image do you have any unique field as I use SharePoint ID or I make unique number in power apps and other base of that I lookup the item take that binary field and put it in image property 

Choose image property and put lookup(dataset,ID = ID in poweraaps,imagedata stored in the feild)

Please contact me if still didn't get through ll snapshot 

07GT
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for the tip @ravee_82 , really like the concept. Any thoughts as to why my powerapps freezes up when I put the Replace(imageJSON, 1,1,"") into a text box? I can't seem to get past that step. Thanks,

Jason

DawidK
Helper I
Helper I

Can you post a short video or some screenshots? Thanks in advance

Gorilla_8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@ravee_82 

I tried with this formula to show back the image from my SP list, and ts not showing:?

lookup(dataset,ID = ID in poweraaps,imagedata stored in the feild)

My code:

LookUp(PowerAppsImages;ID = ID in PowerAppsImages;MyImageData)

I tried too:

LookUp(PowerAppsImages;ID = ThisIte.ID;MyImageData)

PowerAppsImages = My SP list name
MyImageData = Multiple line colum where the database64 is saved

Thanks in advance.

You have to use the sharepoint id are you doing that? 

This is not document library 

Gorilla_8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@ravee_82 

Yes, I wanna show all my pics on my gallery, and I cant and my powerapps crashs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,850)