cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Edit Form - Date Picker not showing original date

I have set a date value and with the date picker saved the entry, the date is saved just fine in my Access Web App. When I come to edit the form the date is not shown in the date picker, this is confusing as it appears no date is set. 

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

I've attached screenshots to show what I am meaning.My settingsMy settingsNow not shown, though is stored in databaseNow not shown, though is stored in databaseDate set fineDate set fine

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Ian,

Are you sure that your date picker control is inside the Edit Form? As I tested, I cannot insert it into a edit form. Also would you pls be more specific about how did you create this app?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I created this app screen from a blank and inserted an Edit Form. The date picker is definately within the Edit Form, the form links to an Access Webapp through an SQL server connection. The date picker control was assigned automatically after choosing to show the field.

Regular Visitor

I had the same problem, solved it by creating a calculated column for date, as varchar in the sql server table. I use it both in displaying the value in the details form (since it doesn't show value as original format) and I use it in the reference field for Default Value.

In sql server on the table run query:

ALTER TABLE [SCHEMANAME].[MYTABLENAME] ADD
[Your Date Field Name TextFormat] AS (CONVERT([varchar](10),[Your Date Field Name])

In the report Edit form, mark the date field, choose advanced tab and change, under the Data section, the value for DefaultDate, to be "ThisItem.Your_x0020_Date_x0020_Field_x0020_Name_x0020_TextFormat"

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,975)