cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit Form Not Loading Properly When Using App

Hi All,

I've created a PowerApp that is connected to a SharePoint list through an Edit form. I'm able to interact with it when editing the app itself, but it doesn't load properly when I use the app. I get a message called "Getting your data..." and it form never loads. Here's a screenshot of the problem: 

sc5.png

I don't know why its doing this or how to fix it. Any help would be much appreciated. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Edit Form Not Loading Properly When Using App

Hi robertwinn,

If it's an Edit form, make sure it has a record stipulated in the Items property - otherwise it tends to show up as a blank form when you run the app.  The Item's property for an Edit form is usually linked to a gallery selection somewhere else, but I'd need some more info to determine if this is the case for this app - for now set it to 

First(yourSourceName)

where yourSourceName is your sharepoint list connection - if that doesn't work I'll need some more info 🙂

Kind regards,

RT

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi RusselThomas,

My EditForm is connected to my gallery (BrowseGallery1). I found that the error occurs when I go straight from a my second edit screen to my first edit screen (the one with the Edit Form on it). On start, I had the app automatically send the user to my second edit screen and then they would press an icon to get to the first edit screen (again the one with the Edit Form onto it). The Error didn't occur when I instead had the app direct to my homescreen, click the automatic built in '+' icon that OnSelect does "NewForm(EditForm1)", then go to my second edit screen and then to my first edit screen. It sounds confusing, but bottom line the problem was occuring because I was sending my user into the edit process without first creating a new Edit form instance. Thanks for the help, using your solution I was able to track the edit form back to my gallery and then back to the actual '+' icon, which then I realized I needed to create a new Edit form instance on the start of the app. 

5 REPLIES 5
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi robertwinn,

If it's an Edit form, make sure it has a record stipulated in the Items property - otherwise it tends to show up as a blank form when you run the app.  The Item's property for an Edit form is usually linked to a gallery selection somewhere else, but I'd need some more info to determine if this is the case for this app - for now set it to 

First(yourSourceName)

where yourSourceName is your sharepoint list connection - if that doesn't work I'll need some more info 🙂

Kind regards,

RT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi RusselThomas,

My EditForm is connected to my gallery (BrowseGallery1). I found that the error occurs when I go straight from a my second edit screen to my first edit screen (the one with the Edit Form on it). On start, I had the app automatically send the user to my second edit screen and then they would press an icon to get to the first edit screen (again the one with the Edit Form onto it). The Error didn't occur when I instead had the app direct to my homescreen, click the automatic built in '+' icon that OnSelect does "NewForm(EditForm1)", then go to my second edit screen and then to my first edit screen. It sounds confusing, but bottom line the problem was occuring because I was sending my user into the edit process without first creating a new Edit form instance. Thanks for the help, using your solution I was able to track the edit form back to my gallery and then back to the actual '+' icon, which then I realized I needed to create a new Edit form instance on the start of the app. 

Ateeq-Pirzada Advocate I
Advocate I

There is an easy solution to this problem, follow these steps:

Select your form

Capture.JPGSelect your form

Next, click on 'Advanced' and in the Item field type Defaults(your data source name)

1Capture.JPG

FusionChaos

While adding Defaults("SharePoint connector") fixes the Getting data... message, it does not populate the already entered data into the app.  It just shows a blank page when i sleect an item from the list.  I ended up ditching the app and changed the Form to "Use the default SharePoint form" from the Form Settings tab.  I have run into a lot of issues with using the App, which one of them have been countless times with the "Getting your data..." message.

IvanGS
Frequent Visitor

Thank you sooo Much, that worked !

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,736)