cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Edit Form error - submit form

I use the same form to add new fields and edit in my data table in sql.

When I am editing a value, the error below is occurring and I am not editing the value in the data table (PS: when I add a new value, the error does not occur):

Lourenacdm_0-1609775204502.png

I deleted the form and repeated the calls, but still giving the same error, could someone help me?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

@Lourenacdm 

Please review your Update property on the datacard for the column that is causing the error.  Make sure you are providing a numeric value for all the fields that require a numeric and that it is not being altered for when you edit a record.  In other words, if you are doing some condition to check if the form is in edit or new mode and providing a value, make sure that you are providing the right type for each mode.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!
Helper III
Helper III

@RandyHayes 

Thank you for your attention. 

I have already checked all the update properties of my form.

I have a condition in a datacard, the formula used in Default is:

Lourenacdm_0-1609777913925.png

but its update is with the formula below:

Lourenacdm_1-1609777958841.png

And the error is occurring in the entire form, not in a specific field.

Super User III
Super User III

@Lourenacdm 

Yes, it is complaining about the entire form, but the issue appears from the error to be coming from at least one column that is trying to be converted.  To fully track it down, I would recommend using the Monitoring Tool in the designer and see what the request and responses are from the back end system.

Without further information about that particular datacard, I am assuming you have a Dropdown (not a combobox) in the datacard and that you have provided the Default property of that Dropdown and not the Default property of the Datacard.  The Datacard should be ThisItem.someColumnName where some column name is the name of the column in your datasource.  

IF this is indeed the offending column (again, try to verify with the Monitor Tool) then please supply the Items property of the DropDown and any relevant information about that datasource.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!
Helper III
Helper III

@RandyHayes 

the dropdown values ​​are the ones informed in the previous post, sorry for not making it clear. But, send again (in this dropdown I have a view that has the name and id and saved in the main table):  

Dropdown: 

Default activity: 

Lourenacdm_0-1609841856155.png

Itens: 

Lourenacdm_1-1609841912687.png

Card´s Update: 

Lourenacdm_2-1609841961847.png

I checked with that monitoring tool and it resulted in the point where the error happens: 

Request: 

Lourenacdm_0-1609838145901.png

and the response: 

Lourenacdm_1-1609838172518.png

if you can help me with this information. Thanks !

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (35,264)