Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help.

I have the following SQL DB

Customer

Devices

Peripherals

Available Peripherals

Installations

A customer is create, a device is added to the customer and then the customer is allocated an installation. The app is allowing users to enter a serial number for the device and also add peripheral/serial numbesr should it be required. 

From the app I can selected an installation which has the customer and device assigned and then from an edit form which is filtering devices against the customer I can enter a serial number for that device.

This is the filter being used: Filter('[dbo].[Device]',CustomerId=TemplateGalleryList1.Selected.CustomerId)

I'm trying to add another edit form which will allow me to assign a peripheral to a device - So far I have created the edit form with a drop down using the 'available peripherals' DB but I'm struggling to get the filter right so that the whole thing links back to the customer and device.

Hope this make sense, any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @dandandsan ,

I assume you have a field in Peripherals that identifies the device that the peripheral belongs to. I will call it DeviceID - change to your field name. So the Item of the edit form

Lookup(
   '[dbo].[Peripherals]
   DeviceID = Gallery1.Selected.DeviceID
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @dandandsan ,

I assume you have a field in Peripherals that identifies the device that the peripheral belongs to. I will call it DeviceID - change to your field name. So the Item of the edit form

Lookup(
   '[dbo].[Peripherals]
   DeviceID = Gallery1.Selected.DeviceID
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dandandsan ,

Could you please describe the more intuitive scenario with some screenshots and codes?

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,095)