cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
desrochp

Edit Form not Appearing when Navigating from Gallery

Hi everyone,

Looking for some help regarding editing a form on a PowerApp I created. When I select the navigate arrow in the gallery on my list screen. It should bring up the form connected to that Sharepoint entry, however, it just says getting your data. The Sharepoint list is a connected entity on this screen. I'm just curious as to why when I select an item to edit, the form will not appear. Any insight is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @desrochp 

Please check that the arrow includes the function EditForm(yourformName) as well as the Navigate function.

On your Edit form, make sure that the Item property is specific such as 

Lookup(yourlistname, ID=yourgalleryname.Selected.ID)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@desrochp 

Please review the Item property of your Form.  It needs to be representing a record that you want to Edit.  If you are not getting one there, then you will see that displayed.

If you can't discover the issue, then post back your Item property for your form and anything significant about how the Item property is derived (if applicable).

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @desrochp 

Please check that the arrow includes the function EditForm(yourformName) as well as the Navigate function.

On your Edit form, make sure that the Item property is specific such as 

Lookup(yourlistname, ID=yourgalleryname.Selected.ID)

View solution in original post

desrochp

@Drrickryp @RandyHayes I managed to fix this thanks to your inputs. Much appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (30,129)