cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Edit Form won't display existing data, even though display form d

I must truly be going nuts today, because for the life of me, I cannot figure out why this edit form is not displaying the existing values. Reference the image below.  These two forms are on the same screen.  On the left, is an edit form which should be displaying the existing values from the record it very clearly found. On the right is a display form which uses the EXACT SAME QUERY, copied in fact from the edit form's item property.  It IS displaying the values, like the left form should be.  

For the life of me I can't see a reason this should be occurring.  I have to be doing something stupid but its not jumping out.   I did see a post that said they had a similar problem and it was browser problem with Chrome because it worked in Edge, but I have tested in Edge with the same result so I don't believe that to be the case here.  

RF3.jpg

This second image also displays the data card and data card values for the Risk_Reserved_USD column from the edit form, as well as where I also retrieved the same data into a label on the same screen. 

RF1.jpg

Can someone point out the error of my ways?  I'm baffled and I have looked at this W-A-Y to long.

Thanks,
Lori

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Edit Form won't display existing data, even though display form d

Found it.  Finally.  There was a NewForm being executed when the screen was launched that I had missed.  Doh.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Found it.  Finally.  There was a NewForm being executed when the screen was launched that I had missed.  Doh.

View solution in original post

v-siky-msft
Level 10

Deleted

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,980)