- I have a screen(1) that shows some items in a Gallery that is filtered ("Action" column = "Not Finalized") from an Excel table.
- When I click on a Gallery item icon, I navigate to another screen(2) where a form is populated with the Gallery item data. Then I fill in other fields and send a new row to the Excel table.
What I want to do is:
I tried to use (but it did not work):
Thanks in advance!
If your gallery is filtering the excel table directly, there should be no need as the edited item will not meet the criterion. If you are using a collection as the items for the gallery, you will need to use ClearCollect() to recreate the collection.
If you are using a form, SubmitForm() is the best way to edit the data, not patch().
- I am using an Excel table for the gallery items (screen 1).
- I am using a form (screen 2) to send a NEW row to the Excel table. In my case it is necessary to use Patch to send my form to the table.
- After submitting the new row, I need to edit the item in the gallery (that is, I need to edit a column of a row in the table).
The same form can be used to edit items in your gallery. It requires the gallery contain an icon with the OnSelect property
and the Item property of the form should be yourgallery.Selected
I am sorry, I am not understanding how to apply this, but:
- My form was build with the Excel table as Data source, so how can I use it to edit an item in the gallery?
- Also, I want to edit the item when I click the "send button", after using the gallery's item data to send the new row.
The gallery contains an icon with the OnSelect property as:
Select(Parent) ; Navigate(Screen2)
And in the label of the form fields there is the Text property as: Gallery1.Selected.SomeColumn
Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.
Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.
Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!