cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrightcomply
Frequent Visitor

Edit Icon launches one form, but not Ref ID connected form - blank

I have an app where I setup a dashboard on the homescreen showing all the items that have been submitted and connects to a contentscreen where I have a gallery of five tabs consisting of 5 different forms that make up a complete Questionnaire: Project Info, Questionnaire, Information Types (table format), Access List (table), and Third Party listing (table).

I can create new items with form mode new on each tab on the Content Screen, but can't edit all tabbed forms. The questionnaire tab shows empty for view and edit.  

Here is my code on the HomeScreen for the gallery:

If(varTabSelected=1,'PIA Project and Contacts', Filter('PIA Project and Contacts', 'Created By'.Email = User().Email))

Creating a new record

Set(varRecord, Blank()); //sets the record from the gallery item selected
ResetForm(formPIAIntro); //resets the default main form to input the PIA contact and project info
NewForm(formPIAIntro); //establishes a blank new form to enter a new PIA
ResetForm(formquest); //sets up a new for the questionnaire portion of the PIA
NewForm(formquest);
Navigate(ContentScreen)

Edit Icon code:

Set(varRecord, ThisItem);
ResetForm(formPIAIntro);
EditForm(formPIAIntro);
ResetForm(formquest);
EditForm(formquest);
Set(varQuestion, ThisItem); //set for Questionnaire (formquest) tab on the Content Screen. when I appy to the formquest 'Item" i get an error
Navigate(ContentScreen)

View

Set(varRecord, ThisItem);
ResetForm(formPIAIntro);
ViewForm(formPIAIntro);
ResetForm(formquest);
ViewForm(formquest);
Navigate(ContentScreen)

Sharepoint List Relationship code

If(formquest.Mode = FormMode.New, varRecord.ID, ThisItem.'Ref ID')

Hopefully, this is enough to help me get my formquest to show on an edit or view.

5 REPLIES 5
wrightcomply
Frequent Visitor

Looks as if my post hasn't garnered any ideas.  Perhaps a better explanation of what I'm trying to achieve.  I've attached a Word form that is used currently. What I'm trying to do with PowerApps is convert this form to my PowerApp. I broke the form down by content type; Introduction stuff, questionnaire stuff and table stuff, stored in corresponding SharePoint Lists with Relationship ID's.  I want to create a new PIA, and be able to edit each section. 

wrightcomply
Frequent Visitor

Here's the structure of my PowerApp

wrightcomply
Frequent Visitor

Appears I solved it with using LookUp('PIA Questionnaire','Ref ID'=Gal1st2tabs.Selected.ID).

I seem to have discovered that when going from one gallery (HomeScreen) to another gallery (Content Screen) the second and subsequent tabs can use item = Gal1st2tabs.Selected and instead rely on the Lookup for sequent tabs in my second gallery.

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @wrightcomply ,

The item property of your questionnaire form is empty, which explains why you don't see any records:

BCBuizer_0-1648499686497.png

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Hi @wrightcomply ,

Did you have any joy finding the solution for your issue? If so, please mark the solution for other users to benefit.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,248)